Shift Gears with a Job in Materials Handling
MARCH SESSION IS FULL, APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FOR MAY
Want to be responsible for moving inventory in a warehouse or managing stock? Then Materials Handling might be for you!
We will teach you to operate a factory forklift, move and store palletized inventory, and practice inventory management and control systems. Materials handling jobs are in high demand and forklift experience can add a dollar or more to your hourly wage.
This 2 day intensive session is only offered a few times a year. At the end, you’ll have referenceable work experience and your forklift card to help you get a better job!
Benefits and Requirements
- Earn more with forklift training
- No experience needed
- Enroll at any time
- Intensive training gets you to work right away
- Applicants must be RI residents 18+
- You must have a valid RI driver’s license issued 6+ months before your start
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be unemployed or underemployed
- Ready to work full-time at program completion
- Be at least partially vaccinated against Covid
Explore Our Other Career Pathways
This program is specifically for workers who want to embark on a career in industrial sewing. Sewing is ideal for people with a passion for creation and are looking for a job that doesn’t require lifting or standing.
Your job training starts here, with general manufacturing practices in measurement, 5s, production and order packaging. You can get a job in as little as 2 weeks and add work experience to your resume!
Our CNC programming track is our most intensive job training pathway. Spend 8 weeks learning to set-up, program and run a basic CNC machine to start ay a higher paying and in-demand career.